Like Legacy of a Thousand Suns Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Dome Power

Time Online
    34 m

Galaxy Dome Power

how to calculate it? i read and search the forums so far not much nicely related info... mind someone post a super detail about how to obtain optimized power output? thanks.. eg like how can a lv 40-50 can get 180+ power despite he is the only one in the team?

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Quote Originally Posted by teh_bong View Post
    lv 40-50 can get 180+ power despite he is the only one in the team?
    It depends on the stats. Maybe this level 50 guy has invested a lot of points in attack and/or defense, instead of energy & stamina.

Time Online
    12 h 9 m

5 members found this post helpful.
    From what I read somewhere (can't find it anymore):

Equipment:
    Healer: Power comes heavily from defense value
    Tank: Power comes a bit more from defense value than offense value
    Melee: Power comes a bit more from offense value than defense value
    Ranged: Power comes heavily from offense value

Whatever slot your main character is in counts as a 20% boost.
    The % bonus for non-main characters is believed to come from a particular stat of the fleet member in that slot:
    Ranged - Base attack
    Tank - Base defense
    Healer - Base energy
    Melee - Base stamina

Feel free to correct me if I got any of that wrong.

Time Online
    34 m

for this pass week i got like free 8 galaxydome passes... wasnt is suppose to be 10?

Time Online
    34 m

melee based on stamina... stamina needs 2 points to +1, but why does it feels like attack outweights stamina despite one needs 1 point the other needs 2 points to +1 respectively?

Time Online
    2 d 14 h 43 m

this doesnt really work for me... I changed some postions and used more defensive gear for healer and tank and my power dropped from 1300 to 1000... I also dont think your char is 20% on every position since I have +800 on ranged position and only half on all others... I am confused

Banned
    Time Online
    6 h 26 m

Red a few of those theorycrafts myself and most don't work or are not verifiable. Power varies too much. And top it all off values largely differ from 1 opponent to the other..

How can i have a 200 power difference (400 to 600) fighting 2 different opponents who have the same lvl range and rank, myself using the same gear and ship for both.. Im having a huge headdache trying to understand these numbers n improve.
    Any official guides anywhere i missed? Any devs mind explaining out their game or do we have to figure out everything by ourselves??

Time Online
    7 d 3 h 48 m

Quote Originally Posted by 'Shaun Phipps View Post
    How can i have a 200 power difference (400 to 600) fighting 2 different opponents who have the same lvl range and rank, myself using the same gear and ship for both.. Im having a huge headdache trying to understand these numbers n improve.
    Any official guides anywhere i missed? Any devs mind explaining out their game or do we have to figure out everything by ourselves??
    pvp stat difference*, one level 125 can have 600/300 atk defense, the other only 300/200

*can be gained through participating a lot of cybertollahs, void killers, ragebeasts (find a group which consolidate events like these, also known as stat farming group, you can also start consolidating internal raids in your alliance too)

Banned
    Time Online
    6 h 26 m

Quote Originally Posted by Chriswan Winata View Post
    pvp stat difference*, one level 125 can have 600/300 atk defense, the other only 300/200

*can be gained through participating a lot of cybertollahs, void killers, ragebeasts (find a group which consolidate events like these, also known as stat farming group, you can also start consolidating internal raids in your alliance too)
    Nice tip, I will keep that in minnd, altought i was already farming voids hehe.
    But that barely scratches the question.

How does my attack stack with power? how does def stack with power?
    How does my defense affect my opponents power? Does stamina, energy, honor and health affect anything?
    Could i simply use a raid calculator to maximise my damage/power or do i greaatly need to consider defense?
    Is there a bonus and/or penalty for attacking people lower or higher level than you? Other than the extra stats from leveling i mean?
    I do use a ship in domes right? which should I use and why? more officers or more crew? does the ship bonus apply? and in what way? Officer with a "race/slot" bonus like blitz any good?
    Do procs on officers and on gear work? Is it good? Should I priories a gear/officer with "chance of bonus damage" or raw stats? up to which point and how so?
    Can any1 confirm its better to put the best gear u have on urself or should i rather put it on my best fleet member with highest bonus? Even if the said member gives me 20% ( a.k.a Trinity, the beast, props )?
    Is the statement above somewhat correct? :
    Equipment:
    Healer: Power comes heavily from defense value
    Tank: Power comes a bit more from defense value than offense value
    Melee: Power comes a bit more from offense value than defense value
    Ranged: Power comes heavily from offense value

Whatever slot your main character is in counts as a 20% boost.
    The % bonus for non-main characters is believed to come from a particular stat of the fleet member in that slot:
    Ranged - Base attack
    Tank - Base defense
    Healer - Base energy
    Melee - Base stamina
    These are most the questions I have @ the top of my head.. I red most of the forum, i hope i didnt miss a similar post.. id be ashamed lawl..
    Any1 care to explain? Have solid theorycraft? Or has a link ><
    All the help would e greatly welcome

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Well let's see...

How does my attack stack with power? how does def stack with power?
    No one knows the exact formula so far (or if they do, they haven't shared - which is understandable since this is a pvp environment after all). But it depends on the role you put yourself into - some roles prioritize defense, some attack. Both your attack and defense work towards your power though, on all slots (I wonder why my first answer was downrated...? I'm sure it was the correct answer for the question posed).

How does my defense affect my opponents power?
    It doesn't.

Does stamina, energy, honor and health affect anything?
    No. Stamina and energy are used to see how much bonus% you give to your friends if they use you on the Melee and Healer slots.

Could i simply use a raid calculator to maximise my damage/power or do i greaatly need to consider defense?
    You can't use the calculator because the formula is different... defense is more important than on raids, yes.

Is there a bonus and/or penalty for attacking people lower or higher level than you? Other than the extra stats from leveling i mean?
    Nope.

I do use a ship in domes right? which should I use and why? more officers or more crew? does the ship bonus apply? and in what way? Officer with a "race/slot" bonus like blitz any good?
    Do procs on officers and on gear work? Is it good? Should I priories a gear/officer with "chance of bonus damage" or raw stats? up to which point and how so?
    Procs don't work. Officer/Crew stats and ship power doesn't count either.

Can any1 confirm its better to put the best gear u have on urself or should i rather put it on my best fleet member with highest bonus? Even if the said member gives me 20% ( a.k.a Trinity, the beast, props )?
    Sometimes the best gear should go on yourself, sometimes on the member with highest bonus - and sometimes even on another member (who doesn't have the highest bonus). It all depends on the formulas.

Try things out a bit and see what gives you higher power.

Also, finally... since this is a very pvp oriented feature, don't expect everyone to help out with the formulas and setups... We are all glad to help with the dome mechanics if there are things you don't understand, but I think few people will want to help you optimize your team... You understand right?

Good luck
    Note: I no longer play the game.

My projects: [Tactics Theorycraft (outdated)| Damage Calculator (not sure if outdated... seems ok)| Officer Comparison (outdated) | Farming Guide (outdated)]

Banned
    Time Online
    6 h 26 m

Thanks a bunch. You've helped considerably. I guess I didn't realize people would want to keep their formulas but its totally understandable. I'll do the same.

Something bothers me tough. Someting doesnt fit in what u said.
    -If my team members get their total power based on the gear, that procs don't work and defense doesn't affect the rivals power? How come does power shifts from fight to fight with the same guy? Luck factor involved? dices being rolled right?
    -Another point. My crew doesnt bare the same power from fight to fight, and can greatly vary depending on who im fighting like i stated above. Example: I hit guy A, win with 608 power against 555. Than head to guy B, who has a 3 level difference with guy A and is the same dome rank. I win again but with a score of 458 to 440. What happened there? how did I personnaly lose so much power? Is there any known rules? bases? something we can hang on to to start calculating anything and improving? Im walking on moving sands here, without decent grounding Its terribly hard to experiment.. You add the fact that you can only hit 10 times a day and it becomes a nightmare. How can I test whats the best gear in such conditions? Honest question. Or is that where ur sentence, and i quote:
    "
    "Also, finally... since this is a very pvp oriented feature, don't expect everyone to help out with the formulas and setups... We are all glad to help with the dome mechanics if there are things you don't understand, but I think few people will want to help you optimize your team... You understand right?"
    " comes into play?

Also thought I red somewhere else, that people switched ships before logging or something, to help with dome fight while their gone. Ships and their crew don't affect any aspect of the dome??? your 100% sure?? I could swear my power changed depending on which i used. /facepalm

Finally, just to confirm the general idea, I should :
    >Best defense gear to healer? regardless of the attack on it, all the way to the extreme? go for a 1/10 rather than a 20/2?
    >Balanced gear for tank prioritizing defense a little a lil? I guess I'll have to experiment here but to give an idea. 2/6 weapon or 6/2? what if i had a 4/4? Is that why u told me to experiment?
    >Balanced gear for Melee prioritizing offense a little? Again, experiments but go for more attack if if it means less total stats? 14/4 instead of 12/8?
    >Best offense gear to ranged? regardless or the defense, all the way to the extreme? 9/0 chest instead of 6/6?
    Than the idea is to balance ur most valuable gear with the rules set above while considering how much bonus u get from each member?

1 last question if any1 is still reading lawl. How much importance do u give those bonuses? [I hope this is well formulated] How radical does a member bonus has to be for you to consider giving a more powerful piece of gear to him even tought stats would benefit another job/spot/role more? Giving a seemingly tank piece(with much more def than attack) to a melee because the melee's bonus is higher than the tank for example?

I realise i might be askign too much once again. Im kindly hoping some of u pros can somewhat answer those questions without giving all your secrets
    Love you long time!

Time Online
    7 d 3 h 48 m

I guess they put some random factor to spice things a bit when you're battling someone with comparable strength

Time Online
    11 d 7 h 43 m

i am a Dome player too.. and i also want the exact answers to your question also LOLz... but as Rafael said... this is a PvP environment... so everything you discovered is definitely for your own advantage

here's some tip that might help you

--- there is a random factor on your power everytime you hit an opponent... even if it is the same opponent.
    --- officers that adds bonus to personal stats are carried over to Dome power too.
    --- always use a member w/c gives you the highest %.

the rest you gonna have to experiment by yourself... you quoted the bases for power and %'s above... i suggest you should start from there

Banned
    Time Online
    6 h 26 m

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Monkey View Post
    i am a Dome player too.. and i also want the exact answers to your question also LOLz... but as Rafael said... this is a PvP environment... so everything you discovered is definitely for your own advantage

here's some tip that might help you

--- there is a random factor on your power every time you hit an opponent... even if it is the same opponent.
    --- officers that adds bonus to personal stats are carried over to Dome power too.
    --- always use a member w/c gives you the highest %.

the rest you gonna have to experiment by yourself... you quoted the bases for power and %'s above... i suggest you should start from there
    This is pretty vague but thanx anyways, appreciate the contribution. Officers count but not the crew nor ship gotcha. So basically use a ship with lots of officer slots, and put stats increasing officers like Talia and kwank? Would Blitz "guerrilla leader" ability work in the dome? Or like-wise abilities boosting your character in X ways for each crew of a certain kind in your ship?
    Last edited by 'Shaun Phipps; 23rd February 2011 at 01:23.

Time Online
    11 d 7 h 43 m

This is pretty vague but thanx anyways, appreciate the contribution. Officers count but not the crew nor ship gotcha. So basically use a ship with lots of officer slots, and put stats increasing officers like Talia and kwank? Would Blitz "guerrilla leader" ability work in the dome? Or like-wise abilities boosting your character in X ways for each crew of a certain kind in your ship?
    take note: only officers that gives bonus to personal stats LOLz

Time Online
    7 d 3 h 48 m

kwank's bonus is passive, means that you don't actually have to put him in your ship to gain his bonus

the best ship for dome is the strike squad ship (epic drop from nightmare centurian general), you can put Talia, Laser Fodder/Melsarra Cass, and Lena if you already got them

Time Online
    11 d 7 h 43 m

LOLz... also waiting for that bonus stats healer officer eh

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

-Another point. My crew doesnt bare the same power from fight to fight, and can greatly vary depending on who im fighting like i stated above. Example: I hit guy A, win with 608 power against 555. Than head to guy B, who has a 3 level difference with guy A and is the same dome rank. I win again but with a score of 458 to 440. What happened there?
    Did you just make up those numbers, or did it actually happen? There is a random variation, but the numbers you used can't happen, the variation is not that big...
    Note: I no longer play the game.

My projects: [Tactics Theorycraft (outdated)| Damage Calculator (not sure if outdated... seems ok)| Officer Comparison (outdated) | Farming Guide (outdated)]

Banned
    Time Online
    6 h 26 m

Are you trying to troll me here? Don't like the insinuation ><
    Telling you.. Was testing gear out when i came upon this.. Its the reason i came here in the 1st place.. Wish I had the exact numbers right now but they were very close to my example. A 140-150 difference between 2 guys of close levels. went from 610 or something close to 470+-
    *Brainstorm* Was I just unlucky? Got max damage on 1 than minimal on the other? Diminishing returns since i fought some1 lower level than me? I didnt benifit from my gear as much? I Remember reading something about gear/level relations(Just throwing ideas)

~LoTS Offensive and Defensive Formulas. From them you can judge your PvP power when you go in offensive battle or when your trying to bounce of attacker.
    Offensive power formula goes like this. Attack + 0.4 Defense = Offensive Power.
    Defensive power formula goes like this. Defense + 0.4 Attack = Defensive Power.
    Just found this quote by gohan in the leveling guide. Didndt u say defense didnt affect ur opponents power? Im so lost ><

kwank's bonus is passive, means that you don't actually have to put him in your ship to gain his bonus

the best ship for dome is the strike squad ship (epic drop from nightmare centurian general), you can put Talia, Laser Fodder/Melsarra Cass, and Lena if you already got them
    I did know about kwank, I just didnt have any other valid example with my limited knowledge but thx anyways
    I greatly appreciate that list of farms, will slowly get to it tyvm!

Time Online
    18 h 56 m

~LoTS Offensive and Defensive Formulas. From them you can judge your PvP power when you go in offensive battle or when your trying to bounce of attacker.
    Offensive power formula goes like this. Attack + 0.4 Defense = Offensive Power.
    Defensive power formula goes like this. Defense + 0.4 Attack = Defensive Power.
    This formula is for Duels and possibly Skirmish and Beatdowns. The formula for GD is completely different.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast