Like Legacy of a Thousand Suns Community on Facebook!

Thread: Guide to Alliances.

Banned
    Time Online
    5 d 22 h 17 m

4 members found this post helpful.

Guide to Alliances.

Well. Alliances play big rolls in LoTS as they are utilizing honor as stat, provide you with raids that aren't obtainable in any other way etc. So here it is a guide to Alliances.

So let's begin by applying to an Alliance.
    First go to "Alliance" page. (you can find it's tab in the upper right corner).

And when you click it it should show you picture similar to this one.

1. You can create your own Alliance at lvl 20. You need 50,000 credits to do so. And you need to get 10 signature to transform you charter into a Alliance. Meaning you have to get 10 people to join you charter. Then you can form an Alliance.

P.S. I might add info about signatures and option you are given after you collect them but not atm. If someone is doing that atm please provide me the pics for it so that I could include it here.

2. Here is the list of Alliances you can join and you can scroll it up and down to check for more of them.

3. Here you can type the text that will match an Alliance name. And I've given example here.

4. Now you just need to click join button after you which Alliance you want to join.

I believe this is pretty self-explanatory.

Also you might click Alliance's name to see it's description and possible requirements and such.

Then you have to just wait for them to accept/refuse you.

Now when you join an Alliance you should get a screen like this.

1. Alliance Options. Depending on your rank here you can do various thing. Will explain later on which rank has which option concerning this.

2. Here is where you Alliance Leader post important announcements(or at least should).

3. War Room. Here your Officers and Leader can summon different monsters for you Alliance. There are three levels of difficulty and each of them is more difficult and more members can participate(10, 50, 100)

*Correct me if I'm wrong about the numbers.

4.Public Terminal. Here you on members of your Alliance. Their levels, ranks, class, equipment, walls etc. You may also post something on someones wall. You can access someone's wall by clicking on their name.

5. Here are shown current Alliance raids. Time, Health and how much members are participating. And if there are place click "ENGAGE" to join in.

6. Trophy Cabinet. Coming soon...

7. Alliance Chat. Here you can leave a message for your Alliance members to read.

8. Archive. Here you can view your Alliance battle and raid history as well as see other Alliance wall's and members.

9. Interstellar Beatdown. Here you can fight members of other Alliances.

10. Armory. Coming soon...

Now to the difference between ranks. There are three types of ranks.

1. Regular member. Regular member can't summon monsters and can't access advanced Alliance options. In the Alliance Options panel he can only chose to leave the guild.

2. Officers. They are like the regular members with exception that they can summon monsters for the Alliance.

3. Leader. He can do everything that there is to the Alliance and has access to the advanced futures of the Alliance. Here is what the Alliance option looks for an Alliance leader.

1. Alliance Description. Here you can put some information about your Alliance and requirements and such.
    2. Here you can type in message that will be visible to all members in the upper right corner as announcement.
    3. Here you can choose your Alliance Banner.
    4. Here you can accept or reject players that have applied to join your Alliance and view their profile as well.
    5. Here are current members of an Alliance. Also you can promote/demote them and as well kick them out if you like it.

Leaders are tagged by "(L)", officers with "O" and regular members have no visible tags.

And maybe the last thing is that Alliance Raids and Interstellar Beatdowns utilize honor instead of stamina.

If you think that I forgot something or need help about anything feel free to ask. Cheers.
    Last edited by Goran H; 18th November 2010 at 08:00.

Time Online
    1 d 5 h 53 m

nice work hon. #2 is very important for people to check as that is where most Leaders put notes for members

We are new and improved, under new management!!!!!!!

Time Online
    11 h 52 m

Hi really nice guide, i just want to point out the soldier rank (S) which is also available. and also you may want to include the "allow list" that can be set by alliance leaders to make this guide more complete. Thx

Join "Jedi Force" alliance where we take you deeper than just the ordinary world of LoTS, check our alliance here: http://www.legacyofathousandsuns.com...6494#post26494

Time Online
    2 h 7 m

It says I should contacted shortly but where do I find the refusal/acceptance? do I need to click on something or does everybody dislike me so much that they can't be bothered to even tell me no?

Time Online
    10 d 1 h 14 m

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Stewart View Post
    It says I should contacted shortly but where do I find the refusal/acceptance? do I need to click on something or does everybody dislike me so much that they can't be bothered to even tell me no?
    If you've been accepted the Alliance Tab will look like the screenshots.. If you've been denied you wont know, unless you search for the alliance again and it has the Join button beside it again.

Time Online
    8 d 4 h 30 m

1 members found this post helpful.
    u forget to add the "secret" red button here lol...

Everlasting Cuteness
    Add Me

Time Online
    10 d 5 h 1 m

Quote Originally Posted by reeze View Post
    u forget to add the "secret" red button here lol...
    yeah.. i think red button is important too.

Time Online
    52 m

How do I leave an Alliance that I'm Leader of without disbanding members?

Time Online
    22 d 4 h 4 m

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

Only current way to do it is to PM a dev here on the forums and see if they will help you switch the old alliance over to someone else within your alliance.

Time Online
    2 h 7 m

what does it mean if a fellow alliance member attacks me out of the blue? I mean, is that allowed. Well you know, by not attacking your own standards?

Time Online
    44 d 15 h 43 m

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

it is frowned upon, but yes that can happen. Best to ask the person before you hit them if their in same guild

Time Online
    2 h 7 m

thanks good to know. but i'm still upset over it le sigh.

Time Online
    44 d 15 h 43 m

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Katie Stewart View Post
    thanks good to know. but i'm still upset over it le sigh.
    well if it was just a duel/skirmish/beatdown i dont think it matters much, but it would if it was galaxy dome and your trying to go up ranks

Time Online
    46 d 9 h 8 m

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

Either I missed the post or something but I may as well ask since I'm already typing
    What of the (S)Soldier position? As one myself, The only "ability" I've been bestowed is the privilege to take down Tactics in Alliance Raids. Usually to swap out Tactics that have gone past their uses.
    ummm yep that's about it.. Unless there are other things a Soldier can do to contribute to the Alliance I'm not aware of..
    Last edited by AMBROSIA; 8th April 2011 at 01:51.

Time Online
    14 d 2 h 46 m

the alliance leader sets up what contributions a soldier can have. Pretty much anything an alliance leader can do, he/she can give those functions to their officers and soldiers. If removing tactics is the only thing you can do, that is probably the only function that role was given. Other options are; summoning raids, accepting or denying applications, alliance message of the day, giving permissions and even promoting or demoting people.
    ... Illuminati 4 Life!...

Time Online
    46 d 9 h 8 m

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

So.. the Soldier is the almost same as an Officer then??
    With the only difference being the "specific" Privileges Given by the Leader?
    Whilst the Officer is allowed to Summon / promote / accept / etc..from the get go.. everything but Disbanding the Alliance..
    humph.. Thanks.. i just needed to get that clarified FMI .

Time Online
    34 d 21 h 59 m

Quote Originally Posted by AMBROSIA View Post
    So.. the Soldier is the almost same as an Officer then??
    With the only difference being the "specific" Privileges Given by the Leader?
    Whilst the Officer is allowed to Summon / promote / accept / etc..from the get go.. everything but Disbanding the Alliance..
    humph.. Thanks.. i just needed to get that clarified FMI .
    Soldier is what the leader needs soldier to be

I read in some alliances soldiers are given no special abilities beyond being called a soldier in rank
    Behemoth
    I like pie

awesome sig thanks to AMBROSIA

Time Online
    3 d 4 h 55 m

in my alliance solider can fix alliance raid tactic

All my events have BTR support
    Facebook add frends Click
    My Fleet Click
    * Audacious *

Time Online
    7 h 45 m

I have a question. I am a member of an alliance. Also a guild master in DotD. I wanted to ask to verify my assumptions that a person can be a member of 2 or more alliances, as long as they are not friends of the alliance leader or guild master, hence, gaining the benefits of both, but obv. splitting their personal character Honor. See, putting it to the test, it is obvious that you can only join 1 alliance, yet, try joining someone's that is not your friend. They CAN accept you. I am a guild master in Castle age also and it happens there all the time too. I do not condone it and was just wondering if there was anyway that you were aware of this and anything you can do about it other than us trying to have them "friend" us before joining the alliance, as in the ways of ethics, I think it obviously not right.