44 members found this post helpful.
Raid damage calculator
Hello everyone. I just updated the calculator to the version 1.0. It will probably be the last update except possibly for bug fixes (ie, I don't intend to add any new feature).
This is a major update from the last version, so I recommend you read this post thoroughly even if you were a user from the old version
I'll try to explain how to use it here (also read the "readme" file if needed). The images show v0.99 but they are accurate for v1.0.
1. Choose the game here. The formulas are the same, but each game keeps its own set of data, which makes it easier for you to keep track.
2. Put your ship's power bonus here. If none is shown on the ship description, put 0.
3. Put your geared-up attack and defense here. These values can be found outside the parenthesis on your Profile tab.
4. Put your ship's total officer and crew stats here. You are allowed to type expressions on it (see below), so you are not required to add them all up manually.
5. You can use the Spinners (these up/down arrows) to change the values of the fields. Each click changes the values by a set amount determined on the Options menu (for the Ship, it always changes the values by 1).
6. You can see the DPS (damage per stamina) for the stats, officers and crew separately here. You can also switch to AV (attack values) on the Option menu.
7. The calculator will display your BASE damage for each attack here. Note that the damage can still be ABOVE the range given due to procs and tactics.
8. Use this button to Hide/Show the input part. When you hide the input setup it becomes like this:
This can be useful if you're using the calculator on top of your browser and want to minimize the space used while still being able to see the ranges.
9. Options menu. Have a look at the details below.
10. Edit List menu. Have a look at the details below.
11. Select the data set here. This allows you to save separate data sets for different gear/ship configuration you might have - which helps compare them. You can have as many data sets as you want and you can choose their names.
12. "Save As..." function. This allows you to save the current values with a different name, or overwrite an existing setup which is not the currently selected one.
13. "Save" button. Overwrites the currently selected data sets values with the current ones (or works as Save As if no set is selected).
14. "Close" button. Closes the calculator - however, this functionality can be changed to "Save and Close" on the Options menu. In that case, using the button automatically saves and closes - but you can still close without saving by using Alt+F4 or the red X on the upper right corner of the calculator!
Options and Edit List
1. If selected, changes the layout of the calculator to a horizontal one, as shown below:
2. If selected, the calculator will always be on top. This could be useful if you want to use it over your browser, for example.
3. If selected, transforms the "Close" button in a "Save and Close" button (the icon will change so you'll remember).
4. If selected, shows the AV instead of the DPS for gear, officers and crew. It will also enable a new option that allows you to select whether you want the power bonus to be included on the AV or not.
5. Changes the amount of Attack, Defense or Power changed by each click on the up/down arrows. Note: it will NOT change the amount changed by the ship values - it will only change your profile attack/defense.
Changing the A/D by 2 per click could be useful if you only increase your stats by crafting, for example.
6. Clear all saved values. This clears all the saved data sets for both games, and all your options!
After you save a few data sets you might want to edit your data sets list - here's how you do it.
7. Shows the list of your current data sets.
8. Moves the selected set up/down.
9. Sorts the list of data sets alphabetically.
10. Deletes the selected data set.
Note that the changes are only applied when you accept - even if you delete data sets, if you cancel they'll still be there.
If you do not want to add your ship stats...
You can type expressions on the text field (it will be automatically converted to a number if it can). So let's say you are using Argo with Frosty, M.1 C.H.U., Barrage and Pas Kweep Bul. Your total attack would be 13+16+18+21 = 68, however, you didn't have to calculate that if you didn't want to.
The calculator now allows you to type "13+16+18+21", and it will automatically replace by 68. Better yet, you can type "13 16 18 21", it interprets spaces as "+" signs! (since spaces are easy to type if you don't have a NumPad)
You can use multiplication too - so for example, if you are using a Rylattu Minion ship with 7 Black Angels and 7 Sian Dragon Warriors you could type "7*9+7*6". Or "7*(9+6)" if you prefer, or even "7*(9 6)"... You can also use 'x' instead of '*' if you want. And you can even leave parentheses unbalanced if you want. So "7x(9 6" would also work... but I digress here
Ok maybe not everyone will think this is a useful feature, but it was very important to me... so I hope you guys use it too.
If you are interested in the formula, here it is:
Formulas for the DPS of each section:
Profile: 4Atk + Def
Officers: (10Atk + 2Def)*(1+PB%)
Crew: (7.2Atk + 1.8Def)*(1+PB%)
Average damage: sum of the 3 DPS
Minimum damage: 0.88*Average
Maximum damage: 1.12*Average