Like Legacy of a Thousand Suns Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raid damage calculator

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

44 members found this post helpful.

Raid damage calculator

Hello everyone. I just updated the calculator to the version 1.0. It will probably be the last update except possibly for bug fixes (ie, I don't intend to add any new feature).

This is a major update from the last version, so I recommend you read this post thoroughly even if you were a user from the old version

I'll try to explain how to use it here (also read the "readme" file if needed). The images show v0.99 but they are accurate for v1.0.

Calculator

1. Choose the game here. The formulas are the same, but each game keeps its own set of data, which makes it easier for you to keep track.

2. Put your ship's power bonus here. If none is shown on the ship description, put 0.

3. Put your geared-up attack and defense here. These values can be found outside the parenthesis on your Profile tab.

4. Put your ship's total officer and crew stats here. You are allowed to type expressions on it (see below), so you are not required to add them all up manually.

5. You can use the Spinners (these up/down arrows) to change the values of the fields. Each click changes the values by a set amount determined on the Options menu (for the Ship, it always changes the values by 1).

6. You can see the DPS (damage per stamina) for the stats, officers and crew separately here. You can also switch to AV (attack values) on the Option menu.

7. The calculator will display your BASE damage for each attack here. Note that the damage can still be ABOVE the range given due to procs and tactics.

8. Use this button to Hide/Show the input part. When you hide the input setup it becomes like this:

This can be useful if you're using the calculator on top of your browser and want to minimize the space used while still being able to see the ranges.

9. Options menu. Have a look at the details below.

10. Edit List menu. Have a look at the details below.

11. Select the data set here. This allows you to save separate data sets for different gear/ship configuration you might have - which helps compare them. You can have as many data sets as you want and you can choose their names.

12. "Save As..." function. This allows you to save the current values with a different name, or overwrite an existing setup which is not the currently selected one.

13. "Save" button. Overwrites the currently selected data sets values with the current ones (or works as Save As if no set is selected).

14. "Close" button. Closes the calculator - however, this functionality can be changed to "Save and Close" on the Options menu. In that case, using the button automatically saves and closes - but you can still close without saving by using Alt+F4 or the red X on the upper right corner of the calculator!

Options and Edit List

Options:

1. If selected, changes the layout of the calculator to a horizontal one, as shown below:

2. If selected, the calculator will always be on top. This could be useful if you want to use it over your browser, for example.

3. If selected, transforms the "Close" button in a "Save and Close" button (the icon will change so you'll remember).

4. If selected, shows the AV instead of the DPS for gear, officers and crew. It will also enable a new option that allows you to select whether you want the power bonus to be included on the AV or not.

5. Changes the amount of Attack, Defense or Power changed by each click on the up/down arrows. Note: it will NOT change the amount changed by the ship values - it will only change your profile attack/defense.

Changing the A/D by 2 per click could be useful if you only increase your stats by crafting, for example.

6. Clear all saved values. This clears all the saved data sets for both games, and all your options!

Edit List:

After you save a few data sets you might want to edit your data sets list - here's how you do it.

7. Shows the list of your current data sets.

8. Moves the selected set up/down.

9. Sorts the list of data sets alphabetically.

10. Deletes the selected data set.

Note that the changes are only applied when you accept - even if you delete data sets, if you cancel they'll still be there.

If you do not want to add your ship stats...

You can type expressions on the text field (it will be automatically converted to a number if it can). So let's say you are using Argo with Frosty, M.1 C.H.U., Barrage and Pas Kweep Bul. Your total attack would be 13+16+18+21 = 68, however, you didn't have to calculate that if you didn't want to.

The calculator now allows you to type "13+16+18+21", and it will automatically replace by 68. Better yet, you can type "13 16 18 21", it interprets spaces as "+" signs! (since spaces are easy to type if you don't have a NumPad)

You can use multiplication too - so for example, if you are using a Rylattu Minion ship with 7 Black Angels and 7 Sian Dragon Warriors you could type "7*9+7*6". Or "7*(9+6)" if you prefer, or even "7*(9 6)"... You can also use 'x' instead of '*' if you want. And you can even leave parentheses unbalanced if you want. So "7x(9 6" would also work... but I digress here

Ok maybe not everyone will think this is a useful feature, but it was very important to me... so I hope you guys use it too.

The Formula

If you are interested in the formula, here it is:

Formulas for the DPS of each section:

Profile: 4Atk + Def
    Officers: (10Atk + 2Def)*(1+PB%)
    Crew: (7.2Atk + 1.8Def)*(1+PB%)

Average damage: sum of the 3 DPS
    Minimum damage: 0.88*Average
    Maximum damage: 1.12*Average
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rafael; 18th March 2011 at 08:55. Reason: Updated to v1.0 :)
    Note: I no longer play the game.

My projects: [Tactics Theorycraft (outdated)| Damage Calculator (not sure if outdated... seems ok)| Officer Comparison (outdated) | Farming Guide (outdated)]

Time Online
    22 d 9 h 6 m

1 members found this post helpful.
    I'm surprised nobody has said anything about this gem of a program. I have to say, this has been exactly what I've been looking for to try and min/max my ships, officers, and crew combination. Great app, and definitely recommend it for those that like to theorize and calculate one's own damage potential.

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Thanks, I'm happy you liked it

Let me know if you find any bugs or would like any interesting features to be added...

Time Online
    15 h 7 m

Thanks for the handy little app, Rafael! For some reason the Power Bonus part doesn't show fully for me. It's like the app window cuts off too soon on the right side. I'm using Mac OS X, if that helps any.

BTW, so far the damage ranges look like they hold true.

Time Online
    22 d 9 h 6 m

Oh that's probably a good idea to let you know what operating systems we're using so you know what's working and what needs to be debugged.

I used this app on Windows 7 and so far, so good. There isn't any of the GUI errors that Locke was experiencing on his Mac OS X end. I'm no programmer so maybe this solution might not be as easy as it sounds saying it Rafael, but perhaps an easy way to solve this is to make the GUI re-sizable by the user? Again, I'm not a programmer so there might be another, more pragmatic solution to this.

I must say Again that this is a very excellent app that meets my stat calculating needs. Thanks Rafael!

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

@ Locke:

Increased the window size a little, and allowed it to be resizable too. Hope that solves it!

I also made it as an attachment to the original message, I think it's easier to distribute that way (the downside is that you have to register to the forums, but I recommend you do anyway...)

v0.4 fixes a minor bug where changing the game didn't automatically update the AV values, so feel free to download the new version Atreyu (and possibly others who also downloaded it).

And finally, I've been asked what the "Save" button does... it saves the values of your atk/def so that if you close and reopen the program, or change the game, they'll be there. You can save your LoTS and DotD stats separately.
    Last edited by Rafael; 16th December 2010 at 11:10.

Time Online
    8 d 4 h 34 m

Nice, I'll give it a try later and plug my DoTD numbers in and see how accurate it is.

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Good... if you find anything please let me know

Banned
    Time Online
    5 d 22 h 17 m

Thank you for this one very much. It will sure help me a lot... Is it okay with you if I share it? Or include it in some of my threads and such(ofc while giving full credits for it to you)?

Time Online
    42 d 1 h 48 m

Raf!! This is awesome man!! Thank you

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Quote Originally Posted by Goran H View Post
    Thank you for this one very much. It will sure help me a lot... Is it okay with you if I share it? Or include it in some of my threads and such(ofc while giving full credits for it to you)?
    Sure, feel free to share it.

Time Online
    34 m

perfect tool, very usefull, thanks in advance

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Uploaded a new version, v0.5

This version adds the average damage too and makes some minor corrections on the formula:

- I had spotted damages above the maximum when it should not be (mostly on DotD). I think the problem was with the troop's AV multiplier, I was never too happy with the 7.5. I upped it to 8 and it seems to work better, but now it likely overestimates the damage a bit.

- 5 and 20-point attacks now deal more than 5x and 20x the single point. This is also speculative, but I think it makes sense.

Time Online
    12 d 17 h 25 m

My Platform(s)
    Facebook

Great tool! The numbers hold true for what I see on both DOTD and LoTS!

Banned
    Time Online
    5 d 22 h 17 m

It's said that I should deal 59k as max, but I dealt 63k(4k more) on 20 stamina hit (without dmg wise tactics).

*If you need data I entered to check where it might be off, I'll be glad to provide it.

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Quote Originally Posted by Goran H View Post
    It's said that I should deal 59k as max, but I dealt 63k(4k more) on 20 stamina hit (without dmg wise tactics).

*If you need data I entered to check where it might be off, I'll be glad to provide it.
    Interesting... I would be interested in the values, if you could tell me. If you don't want to publicly say your attack and defense values, feel free to send me as a PM.
    Are you sure nothing proc'd in this attack (for example, gremlin)?

Banned
    Time Online
    5 d 22 h 17 m

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Interesting... I would be interested in the values, if you could tell me. If you don't want to publicly say your attack and defense values, feel free to send me as a PM.
    Are you sure nothing proc'd in this attack (for example, gremlin)?
    As I have relatively decent stamina pool atm(494) I will provide you with my min/max attacks for these two lvls... And with data I inputed in Calc. Won't be changing anything while recording attacks(ship/PvP stats). So hopefully it will help you. Few people that tried it told it's a bit off. Nevertheless if would be nice if you could figure out a problem based on this small amount of data I will be providing but I don't think it's likely... Hence I will ask of people reading this to record their own data and send it to Rafael in case you are seeing lower or higher values in your attacks then one presented in Calc itself.

On the other hand you could try and make a variation of existing chat (just to try) with the percentage increase/decrease on max/min based on data I will be providing. Just giving suggestions until you figure out what value is "not correct". I just want to say that you Calc has proven really useful to me and to my planing on my build and this way I'm just trying to make it better not in any way undermine your work. Thanks again and cheers.

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Thanks, I'll be waiting for your values then

I can't do anything with just the damage values, though, I really need your attack and defense (geared up is fine), and ship configuration... I also understand if you (or other people) don't want to share those.
    Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share publicly, but would be ok with sharing with me only. I obviously won't tell the values to anyone.

Time Online
    20 h 23 m

So if I have multiple officers & members, do I just sum their ATK & DEF?
    Last edited by Maeltne; 5th January 2011 at 14:51.

Time Online
    26 d 23 h 41 m

Quote Originally Posted by Maeltne View Post
    So if I have multiple officers & members, do I just sum them?
    Yes. Add all your officer stats and put it in the Officer fields, then all your crew stats and put it in the Crew fields.

Note, by the way, that the formula is a bit off right now - if it gives you inaccurate results let me know. I'm working on a new formula.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast