Like Legacy of a Thousand Suns Community on Facebook!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly Me To The Moon - A Guide to Ships

Time Online
    2 h 37 m

18 members found this post helpful.

Fly Me To The Moon - A Guide to Ships

So, you're getting tougher, and slapping around all the creatures in the quest just isn't giving you the same satisfaction that it once did?

Well, dont be dismayed, the answer to your problems is Raiding, where a whole new world of ways to die and use up your stamina awaits!

Meanwhile, the Devs, being the generous folk that they are, have seen fit to give you Ships, consider these the equivalent of a private fleet, yours to control, ready to do anything you ask of them (Dishes and housework are future features).

So, how do Ships work, I hear you say (either that or the voices have started again).

Well, your first step is to press the Ship button on the game menu. this will bring up the Ship Screen as follows.

Key
    (1) Ship List: A list of all the Ships you currently own are shown across this bar, if you have more than 5 Ships, you can use the arrow keys on the right to scroll down to see the others. The Ship that you currently have selected has a pale blue border around it and Is show in the larger box to the left of the Ship bar.

By having a Ship selected across this bar, you are making it your active Ship, and it will be the one used in raids. You can also edit your active Ship at this point. Hovering over the Ship names will give you a description of the Ship and any limitations in unit types that can be used in them (more about this later).

(2)Ship Officers: The Officers that you have selected to be in this Ship appear in this area, by hovering over their image, you can see what their stats and bonuses are.

(3)Ship Crew: The Crew that you have selected to be in this Ship appear in this area, by hovering over their image, you can see what their stats are.

(4)Officer Pool: You will find all your available Officers here, you can use the up and down arrows to scroll through them. Any Officer that is already in the selected Ship is shown in monochrome.

(5)Crew Pool: You will find all your available crew here, you can use the up and down arrows to scroll through them. Any crew who's numbers are fully used in the selected Legion are shown in monochrome.

(6)Save: Once you have made your modifications to your selected Ship, you need to press save to store your selection.

Creating a Ship
    Once you have selected a Ship, you are ready to start populating it with Officers and Crew. The first thing you should take note of is if there are any Type restrictions on the Ship you are filling, as this will determine which Officer(s) or Crew you can use in it.

For example, Sian Fighter allows you to use 1 Officer of Any type, and 2 Crew of Any type, however, Assault Ship allows 1 Officer, and 6 Crew but they must all be Melee type and Odyssey allows 2 Officers and 10 Troops, but they must have 1 Melee and one Healer Officer and 5 Melee and 5 Healer Crew.

To include your Officers and Crew in your Ship, simply drag them from your Pools to the empty boxes in the Legion area, and providing there are no restrictions they will move in to the Legion.

If you select a unit that cannot be used in the Ship a notification screen will appear to let you know.

Once you are happy with your Ship, press the Save button to store it, and make sure that you have selected the Ship that you want to have active.

Things to Remember
    Although you can only add the number of Crew you have into your Ship, as you can only use one Ship at a time, you can actually re-use troops across several Ships. So, if you only have 2 CRANK Troopers (apart from being owned in PvP) you can set them in the Sian Fighter, and also in the Assault Ship. The Same is true for Officers.
    Officers are unique, you cannot own or use more than one of each in a particular Ship.
    Utilities are not used in Ships.

I hope you find this guide useful, and comments and questions are welcomed.

Time Online
    1 d 11 h 39 m

you can only use one ship? how do you select what one to use?

Time Online
    11 d 7 h 51 m

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Whiting View Post
    you can only use one ship? how do you select what one to use?
    yes, only one ship at a time. Just click on the ship in your hanger and it will be highlighted indicating the current ship u are using.
    Hope it helps

Time Online
    1 d 11 h 39 m

ahh yes it does now i can just use the ship thats better. is there a purpose to having more than one ship?

Time Online
    2 h 37 m

As and when you get better officers and crew, you will swap from one to another, what is weaker now, may be stronger once new units appear in the game.

Time Online
    16 d 16 h 44 m

Liked and Thanked, awesome work Stewie!!!!

I ninja people with beans. You have been warned.

Time Online
    8 d 4 h 30 m

So what's "ranged"/"melee", discipline, strength, human, etc2 on crews and officers stat?

Time Online
    1 d 11 h 39 m

yea doesn't make sense so.. i got a caption that lved up.. are the stats not suppose to change?

FB send friend requests to join my fleethttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=675180742
    daily gifter. only send collector items please the gear isn't that good.

Time Online
    2 h 37 m

3 members found this post helpful.
    Each Officer and Crew have a Race, Class and Attribute. They define which Ships they can be used in. When you start getting more ships you will see that you will get some that can only be Human, or Class Melee or Attribute Strength etc.
    Crew do not level, but Officers do, up to a maximum of level 5, they gain exp by being in your active Ship when you take part in raids.

Time Online
    21 m

Is there a point inserting those "crew"? They don't change my attack or anything, I just wonder what the "crew"s actually influence is.

Time Online
    38 d 20 h 55 m

My Platform(s)
    Multiple

2 members found this post helpful.
    they affect your damage in raids, not your personal Attack/Defense

Time Online
    21 m

Oh great ! Now it makes sence lol Thank you very much!

Time Online
    8 d 4 h 30 m

1 members found this post helpful.
    okay, i'm starting to get a hang of it...

So, in conclusion:
    1. We can only have 1 active ship
    2. "melee', "ranged", "ROBOT", etc etc is used for limiting crews/officers usage in a ship
    3. Att/def stats on the officers/crews doesn't add to your stats, but it does add your raid's damage...

Is this it?
    Last edited by reeze; 18th November 2010 at 04:51.

Everlasting Cuteness
    Add Me

Time Online
    14 d 2 h 46 m

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by reeze View Post
    okay, i'm starting to get a hang of it...

So, in conclusion:
    1. We can only have 2 active ship
    2. "melee', "ranged", "ROBOT", etc etc is used for limiting crews/officers usage in a ship
    3. Att/def stats on the officers/crews doesn't add to your stats, but it does add your raid's damage...

Is this it?
    you can only have 1 active ship at a time
    ... Illuminati 4 Life!...

Time Online
    8 d 4 h 30 m

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Mahabone View Post
    you can only have 1 active ship at a time
    i mean, 1.. hehe.. my finger slipped ^^

Everlasting Cuteness
    Add Me

Time Online
    2 h 2 m

Does this also hold true in Guild Raids?

Time Online
    2 h 37 m

Yup, all raids.

Time Online
    2 d 23 h 36 m

3 members found this post helpful.
    Also please keep in mind that your ship's generals and crews attack and defense are a collective number. What I mean by this is that the increased damage done on raids are a reflection of your General and Crew's attack and defense added together. For example: If you have a crew that is 2/4 and then another that is 4/1, the best option is the 2/4 and not the 4/1. Just because the attack is higher of the 4/1 does not make it a better choice. Also, please keep your General's special abilities in mind when equipping them as well, if you are looking for higher damage then equip a general with "Bonus Damage". Hope this helps someone.

Time Online
    4 h 23 m

So...even if a ship holds more crew, if you do not have the type crew it calls for, you are better off not using that ship at all. An empty ship is no help--correct?

Time Online
    2 d 23 h 36 m

Quote Originally Posted by SER View Post
    So...even if a ship holds more crew, if you do not have the type crew it calls for, you are better off not using that ship at all. An empty ship is no help--correct?
    Any ship is better that NO ship. If you have a ship still use it. If it calls for 2 Generals and you only have one, use it. If it calls for 6 crew and you only have 3 to use, use it. Your ship no matter if it is full or not increases you over all damage on raids. So moral of the story is, if you have a ship fill what you can and use it. Plus most of the available ships don't have crew restrictions at the moment, so you should be able to use most ships, even if you can't completely fill it. Hope this helps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast